Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ju Jitsu!

I went to Ju Jitsu class last night and it was so fun!!! I'm pretty fighsty! haha. But man I am sore! Plus Yesterday I went surfing with Bopper and Jim at "the spot" and it sucked! Kicked my butt, scary, huge not my favorite day in the water. I paddled like crazy toget out passed the mean shore break and then trying to get into these waves was impossible! I need a new surf board is my problem. Thats what I asked bopper for Christmas! beside the fact that I'm going to PA with him and he's gonna take care of me there, I feel like I'm so needy sometimes! I think I'm too independent sometimes and It's good to let someone do things for you.

So I got this client at the spa. She's has a ton of health problems, She had a Brain Tumor, Has a metal bar replacing her Rt. Femur from a car accident, Arthritis in her hip, And Sciatica.!!!! She's a mess. Plus she has vicodine when she wants it and I think she's been on pain meds since the cancer so maybe thirty + yrs on pain meds. But she absolutley loves me! I guess she's been coming to the spa for years and she's been with all the therapists. But I am the only one that she's ever requested to have a second time! And not just one more but I believe she booked seven more with me for the remainder of her trip which is up to the day before my trip! And so that means my prayers were answered! She gets a two hour hot stone massage Which is already $240 bucks! And she tips me on top! Today it was 35 extra! Do the math! 8 massages! times 300! She's loaded! And she doesn't just get massages she gets her hair done and nails and pedicures, waxing! and a facial! She's awesome! That's how I'd spend my money if I had tons of it too! Well first I'd take care of my debt and go to nursing school! But then It would be Spa day four times a month. And she was a high school french teacher?? for 24 years half at two different schools. Maybe the Ten year thing? But she told me she thinks I should be a doctor! And I told her I want to go to nursing school I just can't work and Afford it . Maybe she'll hook me up one day! She's already told me she's coming back in April for a month and She's going to book me up again! Such a blessing. But her massages are not easy! I have to help her every step of the way due to all of the health problems she needs a wheel chair right now and then a walker for short distances. But I help pick her legs up on the table and I undress her and the last two massages she's needed to go to the bathroom half way through! So I have to redress her then undress her again. And she's not a small woman like 68 yrs old , and she's in a lot of pain too. But we are going to get her using only the walker by the end of her trip I told her. I love working with a repeat client like this. Cause I see real results from something that I do with my hands! I feel very blessed to have this talent of healing and helping people feel better. Anyways I love her already and I can't wait to she her again.

Hey let me know what you think of my blog Janelly! I've been working hard on it lately. It's what I do on my days off! haha.

1 comment:

Janel said...

YAY on the Ju Jitsu class.....UFC 7,978634 is on right now recording in the other room and thats what we'll be watching alllll day tomorrow....waaaa! Actually some of the fights did look pretty good. I guess I'll find out. There is a ju jitsu training room at the 6th street gym, did you know that?? I took it once, it kicked my trash!! It dosen't surprise me one bit hat you are "fightsy" LOL You shold check out Stacey's blog in my links, shes a fight girl, and so funny.

YAY on the repeat client, that is awesome, sounds like all the hassle is worth it. If I had to choose between the health problems like that lady and the money.....that would be tough but I think I'd pick my health. It sounds like you really made a connection though, that is great.

Your blog is really cute, I love your colors. I'm going to change mine all up after Thanksgiving toa Christmas motif. I was looking at your playlist, what the heck with all the Hootie and the Blowfish?? I didn't even know you liked them, that is too funny. I love playlists. The blogging can get sooo addicting! Especially when you start going on peoples links, then thier links, then their links, it gets really crazy.

Have an awesome day!!!!!