Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Memories and Plans (some)

I think I left off on the last blog with getting to AZ. I'm back in AZ now... happy, sad? happy, sad? I'm definitely more happy. Happier because I'm with family, who are all very cool people, interesting, eclectic, and inspiring. Sad because I do miss all my "second" family from Hawaii. My girls. Kaili, Tara L., Jen, Tara P., Kimmie, Maygan, Jenny, Janice, all my Spa Luana girls and Turtle Bay family. I do miss going into work at T-bay. Some times I just get sad remembering driving into work in my fun little car blasting Techno and dance music singing at the top of my lungs. Loving everything about life, how beautiful Hawaii was everyday, green trees, colorful flowers, blue skies and sparkling ocean water. And pulling up to the booth and saying hi to all the Aloha greeters. Ahhhh, such fun times. I really enjoyed being able to go surf for an hour or two before going into work too, nothing like a little ocean water to balance you out before a day of giving massages to a bunch of rich ungreatful snobs (some of the time) mostly they weren't too bad. the big "groups" like AIG were the WORST! bunch of ungreatful theives! haha. The best part of closing the Spa was playing after ;) Steam rooms, waxing, makeup, painting toenails! hehe. Hey! When your boss tells you you can't leave because you're the only female therapist even though you have no appointments, what are we supposed to do! I usually clocked out. Anyways, I hope I don't get in trouble for that...
Hawaii was a great place for me to get to grow up and learn a lot about myself and who I am. I learned who I definitely DIDN'T want to be... thank you Kaili... and I gained experience with good friends and most of all I had my first love. Super long story, but man did that boy put up with a lot. He still does. Bopper will always be the biggest part of my growing up journey.
What else... I learned about being healthy, through healthy eating(some organic and raw), (and there was some bad eating too) Like the time Kaili and I went to my house and ate every peice of fruit we could find with frutia dipping chocolate! like three jars of it!) workouts with Tara, kickboxing, Bobby's class on thursdays, yoga, "stress" relief with Jen, :) and all sorts of things. Really it was just nice to get to have all those years to just worry about me. Just me being my only responsibility. My selfish years. Cause now it's no longer about me alone anymore. yay! Once I get the little guy here we'll get settled back into a good routine, get some cash inflow going and go from there.
Some future plans definitely include going to Costa Rica. I really want to go work at Kelea Surf Spa there. and maybe even doing it in Hawaii for another Season. we'll see... 1st priority is Killian, if he's not a happy traveler we may have a problem, if he's good then first priority is getting funds to go to all these places. Good thing is they're not total vacations, it's a business trip!
Anyways, those are some of the thoughts in my head. One thing I have been trying to learn is to do things with a little more preparation than in the past, but I still like to be spontaneous! If I meet some amazing guy I'll know he's the one if he's down for all the travels :) otherwise... sorry buddy.

No comments: